St. Joseph’s Square is located at 5450 Kaye Street in the heart of The Hydrostone District.
The Hydrostone District blends historical elements with modern comforts; complete with character and charm. The Hydrostone provides the conveniences of downtown living while maintaining a tradition neighbourhood feel. Stroll or bike tree lined streets to local parks, shops and restaurants.
Everything you need is within comfortable reach:
- Guapa Boutique – 1 minute walk
- Kew Furniture – 1 minute walk
- Jekyll & Hyde- 1 minute walk
- Julien’s Patisserie, Uptown Salon & Spa, Lemonade General Store, Made in the Maritimes, The Ostrich Club, Salvators, Pizzaiolo, Osprey’s Roost, Spirit Spa – 5 minute walk
- Citadel Hill – 4 minute drive
- Downtown Halifax – 5 minute drive
- Halifax Shopping Centre – 7 minute drive
- Halifax Stanfield Airport – 25 minute drive
What is hydro-stone?
Concrete block that is finished with crushed rock (granite was used for this neighbourhood) This gave the appearance of cut stone construction. The concrete blocks and their faces were amalgamated through a hydraulic pressing process.
Fun Fact: The Hydrostone District consists of 10 short parallel street where all are boulevards except Stanley Street!